Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Camp Recount

Camp at Chosen Valley was super fun. We did all sorts of activities and the
food was amazing. Archery, the Confidence Course, Balance Island, Go-Karts,
Team Building, Kayaking, Rope Maze and Rafting were our activities. All of the
activities were really fun and I enjoyed them so much. The owner of the camp
Lynden gave us some rules to follow on the camp site. My favourite activity
was the confidence course because it was challenging and fun. It was also a
bit scary at first. During the confidence course I was thinking in my head, I
would never complete this but after all, I surprisingly did complete it. The
teacher at the confidence course was Mrs Dale. She taught me a technique
which was to do bunny hops to get to the other tyre. The ropes from the
confidence course gave me a blister on my hand and it was stinging. It was
really funny and weird because I fell down in the mud when my team was
watching me on the rope tyres. Me and my group went in the water and we
were all laughing. It felt so gross though. There was squishy mud on the
bottom and it felt like you were sinking.


At camp, the food was like we were in a fancy restaurant. They served
gourmet food. My favourite meal was the nachos. They were scrumptious and
tasty. The crunchy nachos were amazing and the mince was warm and
flavoury. I was in love with it. I also had sour cream with mine and it made it
taste even better. I was so happy because we were allowed to have seconds.
On the last day for lunch, we had burgers and curly chips. They were so good
that it was even better than a Big Mac from McDonald's. We would even have
vegetables for some of our meals. Other meals we had were Macaroni and
cheese, lasagna, roast chicken and potatoes.

The people in my cabin were Lesina, Kanan, Carolyn, Rhianne, Elina, and
Betty. Our cabin was the biggest out of all. I really liked the beds. They weren’t
as comfortable but still gave me a good sleep. For archery, I was really
surprised that I hit the target which was the colour yellow. Mrs Goodier was the teacher for Archery. I really liked the Archery. It was also funny because there were sheep talking while we were aiming and it sounded like they said “Mum,” so we all started laughing. The people that were in my activity group were Reyna, Meron, Mathaias, Tausala, Lomi, Toakase, Salote, and Kanan.


Balance Island was really scary I thought I would fall down but I didn’t. Miss Paton was the teacher for this activity. It was really funny because when she was walking on the bridge she fell in the mud and she got all muddy. My group was laughing and so was she. Go-karts were really fun. The teacher for it was Mel. When we went really fast down the hill, sheep poo would fly around, it was really disgusting and funny. I started from the top and I still didn’t tip over. It was a really fun drifting in the end. Mel was really funny she is Ephesians Mum.  In my opinion, team building was kind of boring but it was ok. My team hit the best score we balanced for 51 seconds and the other teams just got 13 and 14 seconds. The teachers for this activity were Virginia and Caroline. There was a log and we all had to stand on it. The log was either going to the left or the right side. We had to make it evenly levelled. The people on the side were the only ones who were allowed to move. I was standing in the middle.

There were more activities that we did. Some were fun and some were boring. There was also a bushwalk and my legs were dying but we had a great view when we made it to the top. I really liked camp.  I was hoping that we would have stayed for 1 week. I really enjoyed the food, activities and liked how St Therese joined us.            


No comments:

Post a Comment